Thursday, December 10, 2009

So…its raining and pouring

Yeah, been a bad day. 

But, I found one small thing that felt huge in my heart.

As explained before, the day has been rough, in the afternoon after no one would take a nap, not even baby Sam, I decided to hold him in my arms and start dinner.  Eli was watching tv, and Josh was under my feet driving a train. 

I kept flustering around the kitchen working with no energy and one arm, as the other one was holding baby Sam.  I have a recycling grocery sack on garage door in kitchen to hold recycling things until it’s full and gets put in the big bin outside.  I kept trying to put this empty can in the sack with one arm.  It kept falling, of course.  After the third time it fell from my attempts…I took a deep sigh and decided to let it go and leave it on the floor.  Maybe…I will pick it up later, maybe.  I go back to the stove to tend to dinner.

And I saw my sweet little Josh stop what he was doing, pick up the can, and put it in the recycling.  I didn’t tell him to.  He just did it.  My precious boy.  My one moment. 

I have found at times, when I am frustrated, instead of screaming and getting angry I will sigh as if I am totally defeated and giving up.  When I do this, I get amazing results from my children.  They truly do want to help and not be the crazy little tazmanian devils that they can be.  Maybe I should give up more easily :) in the future.

Thanks Boo, mommy loves you

3 comments:

  1. those little guys can really take you by surprise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed at your ability and desire to find the good things. way to go, nat!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your one thing for the day so we can share the smiles and sweetness of this wonderfully difficult job of being a mommy.