Thursday, December 10, 2009

Put your seatbelts on, it’s going to be a bumpy ride….

Oh dear.  I know this is suppose to be one good thing for the day, but….

It’s only ten o’clock – It’s really cold outside like five degrees, I go to take my four year old to school and try to pull van door open so that I can pile the kiddos in, and it won’t budge.  Yes, I put all my weight into it, and wouldn’t you know the handle pops off and I land straight on my backside.  There goes my chiropractic work for the week that I had done on Tuesday.  Well, it did last a good day for me.

So off to school, yep, late.  They are not piling kids out of the car anymore.  I have to bring in all 3 kids in this really cold weather and a broken door that wont open, so after a deep deep sigh, holding back tears, I start with Josh out the passenger door.  Take him to the door.  Get Eli out, who just is screaming “Bye Boo have a good day at school!  Go home, mama!”  So, yep, he doesn’t want to get out….got him to the door with a small struggle and some coaxing….now the baby.  Will it ever end?   Just as I turn to get baby Sam out a lady comes to the door.  Ms. Mendy says, “you know its been a rough morning, I will take him in.”  THANK YOU!!

Now, pile Eli back in the van, yep in passenger door, do some more acrobatic tricks to get back there with him to buckle him in, and head off.  I have to admit, being totally honest, was balling my eyes out like a baby at this point. 

You see, my winter coat got ruined in the basement.  So was doing all this in a tiny little fleece jacket.  And, yep, I have this perpetual cold since this is my four year olds first year of preschool.  We are ALWAYS sick, me mostly. 

As I am typing this I spill my drink all down the front of my sweater…my husband says at this point the day has to get better…

At this point, I beg to differ

Somehow, I will promise myself that this will not be the only post I do today because there will be one good thing that will come out of today.  Just has to.  One small little thing, please Heavenly Father?

1 comment:

Please feel free to add your one thing for the day so we can share the smiles and sweetness of this wonderfully difficult job of being a mommy.